50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Plateau!

So I didn't lose any weight this week. Major bum! But I'm not discourged.
In the past, when I went to Weight Watchers, if I didn't lose weight when I PAID to weigh in and be bummed out I would immeidately put on the failure face and go out after the meeting and eat something ridiculously high in fat and calories, figuring, well, I didn't lose anything anyway, so why not.
I'll tell you why not : because that is the most self defeating thing you can do when trying to lose weight. And that's one of the reasons I was never able to keep anything off for very long. Like I've said before, failure becomes a familiar friend after a while and the shame factor associated with it seems to dissipate.
But not anymore. Failure now is just that: failure.
Now, I have the tools and knowledge to counterattact this plateau. I know if I bump up the exercise, the fiber, the good food and the water, I will definitely show a negative number next weigh in. So that's my plan. Last week I exercised 4 days. Most of it was arm work and treadmill. This week I plan on working out a minimum of 5 days, with more attention to cardio and fat burning - so not just the treadmill. I also slacked off a little in the water imbibing department and have been drinking a lot of diet soda - my addiction!. This week I am scaling that back and drinking more good old fashioned H20. Less salt in ech glass and no bloating effect.
I'm going to conintue with my FATLOSSPLATEs for the three meals a day and snacks, so I know I'll be okay in the hunger department.
The biggest motivator so far though, has been this blog. With eyes watching me closely I am determined to acheive my goal. It's no longer okay to fail myself. I also don't want to fail any of my "followers."
Pray for me!

2 comments:

  1. Peg, I appreciate reading about the methods you have developed to accept the facts, adjust your strategy and move forward. Very motivating and I continue to be thankful for your candid sharing and discussions. You are staying present, yet able to look forward through the lens of your lifetime of experiences. You're doing magnificent!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying, but thanks!!! This is why I blog this stuff- moral support is greatly needed and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete