50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Overcoming Boredom

Today marks the beginning of my 8th week on the program. On the other programs I've done ( Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers to name just 2,) now is usually the time I start to get bored with the whole recording everything you eat, timing the food, the exercise, and the junk food deprivation.
Strangely, not this time and not on this program.
I think the reason is because for the first time in my adult life I am actually eating real food - not diet meals, or prepackaged portions - but REAL honest- to- goodness everyday food.
With the simple changes of HOW to eat that I've made on this program, I am noticing changes in my skin, body, energy level, and how my clothing fits. I have not been on the scale since my plateau last week, and I think I am going to avoid it for another week, just stick to the program and do everything I am supposed to do. March 1 is next monday. I think that will be a good day to weigh and then possibly weigh myself every 2 weeks or even monthly if I am sticking to the program religiously like I want to.
I will continue to blog since having eyes watching my progress is good for my soul, and my motivation, but I will forgoe the drama and stomach-pains of weighing myself weekly.
At the beginning of the program I was not allowed to weigh myself for the first three week. That turned out to be horribly hard, but worthwhile, because the first time I setpped on the scale after that, I had a loss.
And I hope to have one again next week.
Until them: the goals remain the same - 3 FOODLOVERSFATLOSSPLATES daily, with snack every 2-3 hrs; 12 glasses of water every day, sleep 7- 8 hrs, and get some exercise.
I hope you all keep coming back for progress reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment