50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

All or nothing

One of my beautiful sisters-in-law says of diets "I'm either all in or nothing."
She means that if she starts a diet, she is totally committed to that diet or she won't do it.
It's really not a bad philosophy when you think about it.
When I started the Ferguson plan in january I was TOTALLY and COMPLETELY commited. I did everything I was told to do, ate what I was commanded to eat and exercised as instructed. Somewhere along week eight I started to get tired of it all.
I still TRIED to eat my 3 foodloversfatplates daily along with my two snacks. I drank more than the detailed amounts of liquids. But my motivation somehow waned and I couldn't get back on total track.
I think I realize now why.
Even though I was commited, it wasn't exactly for the long haul.
All in or nothing.
I didn't get that straight in my head. I guess I thought the 50 pounds would melt off the minute I started eating correctly.
Wrong.
I guess I thought a few months of behavior modificiation would last a lifetime.
Wrong.
I guess I wasn't all in or nothing.
Correct.
Tonight starts another Ferguson 8 week challenge on his website. I am registered and I am committed.
Totally.
Long haul commited.
I still have a significant amount of weight that needs to go bye-bye.
Like everything else in life, you need to practice to make something perfect.
My weightloss is not perfect yet.
But I am all in or nothing.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Peggy, found this blog, thought you might like it! <3 Stephanie

    http://balancedbites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Sweetie - I'll try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're still such an inspiration, thank you. Hang in there, we're with you and appreciate your blogging.

    ReplyDelete