50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Post holiday thoughts

Easter has come and gone and I survived unscathed diet-wise. Since I don't have little ones in the house anymore, I have no need to buy Easter baskets laden with chocolate goodies. That's a plus for me.
Dinner was healthy and not overbearing.
SO my thoughts now are turning to post-Easter things, like now that the weather is warming - yes, even here in the northland! - Layers will be coming off pretty soon, and in some areas, already are. I've seen kids around town already sporting shorts and flip-flops.
I haven't bought shorts in years and am a littler terrified of doing so.
And forget a bathing suit. I haven't had one in over ten years at least.
Just the thought that I have to go to the store and TRY them on is enough to give me agita.
I am going to do it this year,tho. I think I have to. For too long, way too long, I have hidden behind voluminous, caftan-y like tops, and stretch pants have been a fashion staple in my wardrobe. These are my comfort clothes. Just like we all have comfort foods, I have comfort clothes. Those looks that make me look older and rounder than I really am just so that my fat rolls are hidden.
I finally realize this: who am I kidding? Those fat rolls are not hidden, they are shown off to all their lousy glory by the clothing choices I make.
I would absolutely love to be on WHAT NOT TO WEAR because I know they would have a field day with me. The learning curve for me is GREAT here. I need to learn how to dress NOT to make me look fatter, but to show off my assets ( If I have any!) and to hide my junk. Which I have a lot of!
If anyone knows the producers of that show - send them my name and this blog!!
I can use help.
Any and all the help I can muster.

No comments:

Post a Comment