50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Another Holiday

Easter is tomorrow and as a Catholic I should be fasting.
As a Robert Ferguson follower, I can't.
I didn't want to anyway. Fasting makes me hungrier, and grouchy, and just plain miserable.
I still find it hard to beleive for DECADES I starved myself, fasting a great deal and still never lost any weight.
I really wish SOMEONE had told me years ago that you need food to keep you going; that depriving your body was really not going to do anything good for your weight, and that the moment you put anything into your mouth after fasting/starving, you were going to gain it all back in a heartbeat.
It sure would have saved me decades of agony and angst.
So, even though I consider myself a good Catholic, I will not be fasting this Easter season ( which BTW is over tomorrow!) I will be eating well and healthily.
Veggies, proteins, and good carbs.
Happy, Healthy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment