50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Something that makes you go "hmmmm??!"

On Kirstie Alley's show last week she asked her daughter, "Do you only eat when you're hungry?" TO which her lovely daughter replied, "yes." Kirstie gave her a quizzical look and said, "what a concept!"
That's exactly the way I feel!
I DO eat when I'm not hungry. I eat because I "want" something. I'm bored. I'm lonely. I want junk.
I'm everything but hungry!
What a concept. To eat ONLY when you feel hunger. I don't think I've done that in, well, 50 years. I've been thinking about this ebcause I ate lunch an hour ago and I just "want "something sweet, like chocolate, about now. I'm antsy about it too. I have a snak for my appropriate snak time in another hour, but I just want something NOW!
What to do? I could go for a walk, but that would take my mind off of it for about a half a minute. I could eat something, give in to the craving, but that would defeat the purpose of trying to lose weight and would make me depressed that I once again "Failed" to control myself.
I wish there was a pill or a shot or SOMETHING that woudl take away cravings and thoughts of eating.
I would love to live in a world where for just one day I didn't even think about eating something. I would go through the entire day and only think about food when I was hungry.
What a world; nirvana.
All this talk about not eating is making me hungry.

1 comment: