50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Vacationing and Eating

It's very difficult, I have found, to stick to a regime of good eating when you are away from your comfort zone - namely your house!
While in Boston this past weekend, I did great for breakfast and my first snack. But lunch and dinner were another story.
Although I didn't go hog wild and eat everything not nailed down, I did breaka few Ferguson rules.
1. I didn't eat every 2-3 hrs and because of this, when 3pm came around I was absolutely starving - something I'm not supposed to be because when I am starving, my insulin levels go all wacky. So, we were in a bar in boston waiting to take a brewery tour and I wanted a bowl of soup. They were out of the soup of the day so I had chicken tenders.
Fried chicken tenders.
Poor choice, but everything on the menu was fried. So my decision to eat something - antyhing at that point - was somewhat valid.
For dinner we went to PF Chiangs, a super chinese food restaurant,
Yup. Chinese food.
Most of that cuisine if wok fried.
It may be in a wok, but baby, it's still fried in the end!
I had cashew and almond chicken. Lots of veges - even tho they were coated in sauce, and some - I assume - wok fried chicekn pieces.
No the best choice I know. I could have had something vegetarian, but hey - I hadn't been out for a while and wanted something good.
No dessert - which was a good thing and then we walked back to the hotel whichw as baout a mile and chang,e so I didn't feel too bad.
I realize that I can't bring all my food for an entire trip every time I go somewhere, so I really need to start making much better choices.
next trip to boston I'm having something really healthy.
Like LOBSTER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment