50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The End?

So, it's my 50th birthday today. The goal was to lose 50 pounds by now.
I lost 17.
I still have 33 to go until the end of the year.
I guess 33 isn't as daunting feeling as 50 was, but it still has been a struggle.
Every ounce is a struggle. I've been going to the gym 4-5 times per week for the past month. I've followed the weight loss plan - most days - as closely or as perfectly as I could.\
I read an article a while back that claimed every body has a set point where it's happy being at that weight.
My body must feel glorious! because it likes this weight I am now REALLY A LOT!!
So, I will keep plugging along, trying to lose ounces. I am no longer thinking in pounds because that just seems too difficult for my body to actualize. Ounces seems more realistic.
A few things have fallen from this journey, tho, that are good. I am definitely eating BETTER and HEALTHIER foods. I have returned to the gym so I am now getting set exercise. I feel I have a better grasp of what my body needs in terms of nutrients, and what it doesn't : white flour, sugar, fried foods, preservative laden foods. My hair and nails look great because of all the protein I now get.
So all in all it has been a DIFFICULT journey but one that will continue. I will check in periodically, esp when I get new food info to pass along. Please keep following my progress because I really do do better when I have eyes watching me.
Happy Birthday to me!!

1 comment:

  1. Celebrate those 17 pounds, Peg! That's no small feat. Congratulations and keep at it.

    ReplyDelete