50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Paying attention

I had to attend a "work" function last evening that included hors d'eorvers and dinner.
I intentionally skipped the appetizers so tht I would eat a good dinner.
Problem: the dinner was lousy! I'm a plain eater: no spices, I hate pepper, I like good ole' american fare.
The dinner choices should all have been good, but there were soooooooooo many weird ingredients in the meat and chicken, that I went back to the appetizer table and ate those instead.Not a good choice. The appetizers probably had more calories and fat than the dinner combined.
I figured i might get a decent dessert taste out of all this, but no.\Dessert was a concoction called: mango and coconut mousse topped with a gooseberry.
What the hell is a gooseberry? when it came tot the table it looked like a tomatillo! And the whole thing was wrapped in fudge, so I couldn't have eaten it anyway!
Bad night out indeed.
Next time I will research the dinner options with more care and plan accordingly - like eat dinner before I go!!

2 comments:

  1. Well hopefully, despite the food, you enjoyed the company of the folks you were with. And I'm with you, I don't want to take in calories on something that I enjoy. Enjoy your birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am. Just said goodbye to your darling Baby!! Lovelovelove having those kids in my house!! makes me remember all the times when they were growing up - the sleep overs, the parties. LOVELOVELOVE iT!!

    ReplyDelete