50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

More reasons for failure...

One reason for failure I forgot to mention yesterday was the use of pills to lose weight. All those things that claim to speed up your metabolism are a dangerous shortcut many people take to drop pounds. Relying on a little pill to change your metabolism and then starving on top of it will not - repeat -w ill not result in long term weight loss and in keeping it off for good. The only thing that has been proven to work to lose and keep weight off is a lifestyle reinvention of balanced food, exercise and paying attention.
A second reason people fail at weight loss according to Robert Ferguson is that they don't have a clean, concise goal planned out to implement. It's one thing to say I want to lose 5o pounds this year. It's quite another to define the steps that will be taken in order to accomplish that goal. In my case, 50 pounds for 50 years was the spring board idea. The plan was to find a weight loss program that I knew I could follow without the fear of deprivation, starving my self to death, or having to eat prepackaged food that many times tastes awful. It had to incorporate exercise because i knew I needed to do that in order to keep the weight off, and it had to be easy. FOODLOVERSFATLOSS plan was perfect for me because it made sense, I could eat, I need to exercise, and I need to journal. Plus I had a support system through the web that could help me if need be. So that was my plan. The goal was 50 pounds. The plan was to utilize his system for the weight loss. 5 weeks into it and I haven't felt deprived; I'm seeing results in my clothing and on the scale, and I've developed some good habits like journaling, tracking, and understanding the food I eat. I'm not knocking other legitimate weight loss plans that have proven successful for people. I just knew I was sick and tired of not eating, or eating food that had more preservatives than a person should see in their lifetime, of counting points, and trying to fit all this into my busy lifestyle.
So far, so good.
So don't be a vague goal say-er. Be a goal planner and implementor.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're really feeling comfortable with Fergi's approach. Thanks for journally, I'm learning alot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as i am from you about "the world we live in! "

    ReplyDelete