50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The thing I hate the most...

I really don't know anyone who hates exercizing more than I do! First off, I refuse to sweat so I never really do get a good cardio workout no matter what I do, because the instant I start to "glisten" I stop. SO , useless.
Walking on the treadmill may be considered a mild form of exercise, but at least I don't mind doing that. With the tv on in front of me, I can actually keepup a 3.5 mile an hour pace for upwards of 45 mins most days. That is a major accomplishment for me. But, as we all know, cardio isn't enough. You've got to strengthen the muscles too, so weight training needs to be incorporated somehow. Again, and here's my running theme with regards to exercise - I use my body bar and my free weights while I watch tv. It's pretty horrible how quickly I get bored if I don't have something visual in front of me while to "work out," a phrase that really can' t be applied to me in the true sense of the phrase. But anyway.
I just read a report that says women 50 and over need to get 30 mins of some kind of movement daily inorder to keep their bones and muscles healthy. 60 minutes is ideal if you are attempting to lose weight. 45 is my goal most days. After that I'm done and a wreck.
Walking, dancing, climbing stairs, whatever gets the body and muscles moving in a postive way has good long term effects.
So, I'm off to watch BONES on TNT and later I'll lift for a few minutes.
In a perfect world I would just watch BONES!

No comments:

Post a Comment