50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The 8 Week Challenge begins

But first, another pound gone for eternity! So happy that the scale is still on the downward trend. This week the exercise gets pumped up a little more so I expect to see good results for next week too.
The first webcast of Ferguson's 8 week weight loss challenge is tonight at 7. I intend to be in front of my computer for it, so any pearls of wisdom I will send along. Five weeks into this weight loss journey and I am thrilled to admit I am still motivated. No slips or slides yet, and I hope none will come. I really think the main reason I have been able to do this without "cheating" is because I am eating real food for the first time in a very long time. No diet foods, no zero fat zero carbs zero taste things just to fill up on. Real, honest food that I am enjoying cooking. Healthy food, as well, cooked with thought and attention to flavor details. The fact that I got into some jeans I haven't slid across in a while over the weekend prove that the scale can sometimes be a poor indicator of weight loss, too. Along with the weight coming off, some readjustment and redistribution of my body fat is taking place and THAT is a very good thing!
Off to exercise now. Keep watching me and I'll keep delivering the negative numbers on the scale.
And thanks again for keeping me honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment