50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Detoxing, Day 2

SO I did really good for 3/4 of the day yesterday. Stuck to all the liquid stuff, wrapped my head around the no reall food issues I wa shaving.
And then we went out to dinner after Church.
But it was okay because I had a spinach salad so no real diet blaster there.
Today, back on track.
I had my breakfast smoothie, substituting the vanilla protein powder with chocolate protein powder. Hey, if I have to fast, I'm incorporating as much chocolate as I can into the plan!
We'll be home today so I can be rally strict with this. No outside influences.
Detox/fasting is something that has become somewhat popular among the diet-illuminati of late. Taking food completely out of the equation and just sticking to a most liquid regimine - from a psychological viewpoint - is a pretty good thing. Without choice, I feel that I do better sometimes. Being told exactly what to eat(drink!), what time to do it, and in what quantity kinds of puts my in another plane headwise. I can follow any plan if it tells me those factors. I get into trouble when I have to choose from a myriad of possible food combinations. That's the biggest reason I think Weight Watchers finally started to fail for me. DOn't get me wrong - it's a great program, I was just at a level where it really wasn't getting me any results anymore. I had to many points to count, and combinations to come up with. I was always sweating either being over or under count and then thinking I had somehow failed.
It's funny that I like the stictness of a detox/fast, with no real substitutions or choices, when I'm the first person to say we should all have choices in life.
Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment