50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Detoxing

So I started the detox this am and I already miss food!!! Oh well. I'll give it a day or two and see if my resistance not to eat fortifies me onward.
With the detox you have to drink EVEN more than usual, which for me is now 12 - 8 oz things a day! So you can guess where I'm spending half my day. That's right.
In nursing school, back a 150 years ago, I remember learning the reasons for different urine colors. Bright orange if you ate asparagus ( and smelly!); reddish orange for hematuria; bright yellow if you were taking Pyridium. Normal urine should be slightly strawcolored, mostly yellow.
My is crystal clear!
There is absolutely no urea in my urine at all. It looks like I poured a bottle of Perrier down the toilet.
TMI?? Probably. But you get the drift.
I keep thinking I can feel my stomach shrinking - actually shrinking -throughout the day. Hopefully that's true and tomorrow I'll wake up able to fit into fitted trousers once again.
Hope springs eternal.
Off to detox.
(SOunds like I'm going to Betty Fords'!)

No comments:

Post a Comment