50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Fasting and Detoxing

Part of Robert Ferguson's weightloss program has an optional 6 day detox. The detox is planned so that the colon and liver are cleansed and rehabed. Many of you may remember that after Erin was born I did a six month fast that had a detox inlcuded it in and I lost 60 pounds.
I am going to try the detox for a few days and see what happens. I have been stuck in neutral the past few weeks, exercising and eating as prescribed and I have yet to see the scale go down to were it really should be by now. If the detox works it will jumpstart my body again towards losing the rest of the weight.
I read this interesting article today and wanted to share it. Read it and see if you think this is true, a myth, or something that the future of weightloss will hold.
I'll keep you updated on the detox/fast. Wish me luck.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100305/hl_time/08599196980700

No comments:

Post a Comment