50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Friday, January 29, 2010

8 week challenge....

Robert Ferguson is starting an 8 week weight loss challenge beginning Monday, Feb 1 and I signed up for it! Good motivation and it will keep me on track and honest. Over the weekend I expect to have more info on the challenge so I'll post it here. Until then, I'm still plugging along. I KNOW my metabolism is finally working again ( after 30 years!) because I am HUNGRY routinely every 3 hours and I wake up starving! I carry a backpack to work everyday filled with water, drinks, snacks and my lunch. From the outside it looks like I've got enough food to last me for a week! But it's only for 8 hrs! It looks pretty funny. My patients ask me almost daily "is that your lunchbox?" And I laugh and say, "Yup." I have to tell you, I do get some strange looks.
Hopefully, when I'm at goal, those strange looks will change to looks of appreciation.
One can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment