50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sick!

Sorry I haven't blogged in a few. I've been Ill once again - this time with an intestinal bug unrelated to the diet!! I was dining al desko the other day at work and suddenly felt really weak. Feeling lousy since then, but still following the diet plan. Today is day 11 and I am supposed to go food shopping today according to the plan. I have this big long HEALTHY list of foods to look for and buy and with recipe card floating around in the kitchen for all of them. This has actually been a relly good expereince because I can cook again - something I really haven't been doing for a while. ANd we're eating healthy all the time, which of course is good in itself.
SO I did the 12 minute sof cardio the other day and felt like jello the next morning: wiggly and wobbly. Tells you how out of shape I really am! I'm supposed to do 12 again this am and probably will, in between house cleaning and laundry. But I'm sure I won't be as tuned into it as I ws the other day before the belly bug hit.
ANd not weighing myself is KILLING ME!! OF every rule/part of this plan, this is the one that I am having the hardest time sticking to - I am, mind you - but it is a struggle every day not to hop on my scale. I tried hiding the bloody thing so I wouldn't even see it and be tempted, but that didn't work either. Oh well. 10 more days and I can see what my body has been doing.
Prayer helps.
Just not enough!!

2 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration! Your efforts have inspired me to recommit to doing at least 10 sit-ups a night. For years that was a daily event for me, but I lost my focus a few years ago. However now, each night as I do my crunches, I'll thank you, and my strengthening core will thank you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tummy is ALREADY flat and fit!!! I would KILL for your stomach! But go for it! Core strength is the basis of good posture, good digestion and great fitting pants!

    ReplyDelete