50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Half way there!

Today is day 12 of my program - half way through the induction phase. It's 530 am and I am sitting here, typing and watching the infomercial for FOODLOVERSFATLOSS. It continues to motivate me like no program ever has. Weight Watchers was great for me in the day, but the restrictions on points values was too difficult for me to cope with over the long term. The wonderful part of this program - well, to be honest it's all wonderful - but the really great part for me is that it it has a long term program to actually love with for the rest of your life. Foodaholics like myself do not like to feel deprived and that's what every diet plan I've ever done - including the Medical fast after Erin was born - had done: deprive me. I've eaten mac and cheese, stew, salmon, turkey, all normal foods in normal amounts. Plus veges galore, salad and I can even have desserts if I want. This is the way I want to be the rest of my life: satisfied and eating normally. Last night we went to a beautiful wedding. I didn't eat much, which was a really different thing for me when at a social event - but I didn't feel deprived. I actually felt in control for maybe the first time in my life when at an event.
Who could ask for more than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment