50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A new day

Well, I received - finally - the Robert Ferguson Program today FOODLOVERSFATLOSS. Lots of info in it and a really different way for me to view - and eat- food. No more "diet" foods like my much loved and much eaten Lean Cuisines. This program wants you to eat "real" food, including restaurant food ( yippie Olive Garden! ) I just finished the measurements profile - boy, was that humbling. I guess I really don't see myself the way I really am in 3D. Chubby just doesn't describe it anymore. I will not mortify myself by posting the measurements and weight here in this blog, but suffice it to say: WAKE UP CALL!! No wonder the size I keep buying in clothes doesn't look right. It's THE WRONG SIZE! Oh, well. No clothes shopping for several months.
The program comes in two parts. A 21 day jump start and then a maintenance part for several months. This I like. I can cook real food everyday and not worry about loading up on pre-made dinners. Again, this I like. Lots.
There's a ton of info in the program about foods and they way they are metabolized, used and not used. I'll be posting the interesting stuff along the journey. Keep praying for me for strength and will power. It's five days into the nEw YEar and I haven't cheated yet by overeating or eating junk. That in itself almost qualifies as a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment