50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Success!

Okay, so I had a body breakthrough! Since friday I have lost 3.4 pounds! Yippie! Now, I know that's probably all water and little fat, but, hey! Who am I to complain. A loss is a loss, according to Weight Watchers, Inc!
So, I figured it would be a good idea to write why I needed to take this journey at this time. Our clinic - which will be referred to from this point forward as "Hades, Inc." has this project called 20/20,. No, it has nothing to do with the Eye department. It is a projection that for the year 2020, Keene would like to be the healthiest community in the United States. To start this off, Hades, Inc instituted a program called the Employee Health Wellness Initiative, whereby any and all employees could be weighed and have all sorts of blood work drawn. Based on their overall results, they were then given options to choose from if there were any abnormal or potentially health related issues discovered. Of course my husband, Mega-man, flew through the process and was given a whistle clean bill of health. I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that he has the body and cardiac status of a seventeen year old male. I, on the other hand, was labled "obese" by their statistical analysis, and given a liteny of potential problems to worry about.
Now, I always knew I was a cubby girl, and I could have lived forever without any worries if labled "overweight."
But OBESE! That word brings with it a slew of negative and unattractive connotations and descriptions. Slovenly; lazy; unattracive;gross. You name it. No one was every called "Pleasingly obese!" No, that phrase doesn't cut it. Really, think of all the people you know who are OBESE.
Here's the few that popped into my mind immediately: Louis ANderson, Comic; Oprah ( yes, Oprah!); Ted Kennedy. Okay, he's dead, but he was huge when he died. That black girl in Precious, the movie. ANy member of TLC's Half ton people TV series.
Not a group I really want to be a special part of.
So, That's when the decision was made that I will not go through the next half of my life like I have the first: big, unhappy, unfit and unhealthy.
Three days into it and I haven't cheated yet. Prayer helps. ALOT! So keep them coming for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment