50 Pounds for 50 Years

A journey from fat and unhealthy to lean and fabulous!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Exercise

So let me tell you how wonderful my hubby is: he installed cable in the basement so that I can use the workout equipment there and not get bored out of my mind! Sweet! I was able to start my 10,000 steps a day today on the treadmill and I was never bored or even tired once. I can't stand exercising. I'm neither proud nor ashamed to admit that. I just don't like sweating! But walking and doing weights never allows me to sweat, so I can dig that. ANd if I can dig it, I can and will do it, so thanks, Bud. Love ya.
As far as the diet regime goes, today I listened to an audio program about the "dirty dozen." 12 food categories and ingredients that resist weight loss. Most are pretty well know: white enriched flour, sugar ,processed meats. All the stuff that's in the stuff I love to eat: bread, cake, pasta! Foods to live by - but not to keep weight off by. So now when I go shopping I Have to really look at the nutritional labels and avoid everything that has any of these ingredients listed as the first four things. More about these things to follow. For now, off to Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment